Peace Lily - 6 Inch Nursery Pot
All the information provided on the website is for your reference purpose, please consult an expert before making any changes/decisions. MyGreenStore will not be liable for any damage to the plant/plants by following things mentioned on the website.
Peace Lily is considered to be one of the most popular and very rare indoor plants that fill your home with greenery and happiness. Give this cute little plant to your loved ones or family members to show your love and affection towards them. You can also attach a customized message with this.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended this plant as the best air purifier.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, and meeting rooms.
- It's low maintenance and a good luck plant.
- Can be used in a pot as well as in hanging.
The botanical name of Peace Lily is “Spathiphyllum”. It’s a clump-growing herbaceous perennial with attractive polished leaves that can brighten any indoor or outdoor space.
Peace Lily is considered the ideal plant for homes, offices, and other public areas as they can grow in low maintenance and require only natural light for their growth. NASA considered this plant among the best indoor plants which are great for removing formaldehyde and carbon monoxide and increasing general indoor air quality.
Plant Height 12 inches (30 cm)
Plant Spread 5 inches (12 cm)
Planting And Care:-
- The Natural/artificial bright light is good for the growth of the Peace Lily.
- Please always check if the soil is fertile and rich in nutrients.
- Always use the Loamy soil(well-drained).
- When the Peace Lily outgrows the current pot then you have to re-pot it eventually.
- It needs annual repotting with a larger pot than the previous one.
- Always make sure to check the moisture of the plant by Poking your finger or you can use a small stick into the soil.
- Apply 1 cup of water when the upper layer of the soil in the pot feels dry.
- Do not overwater the plant.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before applying any kind of fertilizer make sure the topsoil of the pot is loosened and does not disturb the roots of the plant.
- Always apply water to the port immediately after the application of fertilizer.
- Remove any dead, infected, or damaged parts of the plant and discard them away.
- For any disease or insect attack, you can use “Neem oil”, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for usual treatment.
- Don't overwater the plant as it's harmful for every plant.
- Keep the plant away from the AC ducts.
Peace Lily Special Feature
- Excellent air purifier plant according to NASA research.
Peace Lily Uses
- It adds a sophisticated vibe to your house.
- It can also be grown in hanging baskets and adds more decorative looks to your indoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Peace lily plant have flowers?
Yes, The Peace lily plant has white-colored flowers.
- What does Peace lily look like?
The Peace lily plant has dark green leaves with white flowers.
- Can Peace lily plants be kept in the kitchen?
Yes, the Peace lily plant can be kept in the kitchen where natural indirect/direct artificial light is available.
- Is Peace lily an indoor plant?
Yes, The Peace lily is an indoor plant that purifies the air.
- Can I keep Peace lily plant in the bedroom?
Yes, The Peace lily plant is an effective air purifier and indoor plant that can keep the air around you clean and pure. So, you can keep the Peace lily plant in the bedroom where natural indirect/direct artificial light is available.
- Will Peace lily grow in water?
Peace lily can easily be grown in water as a new plant.
- When do Peace lily flowers turn brown?
The reasons behind the Peace lily flowers turning brown are as follows:-
- Due to less watering or maybe overwatering the plant.
- The plant does not get proper sunlight.
- Lack of nutrients and potting compost.
- Disease or pest infestation.